SMM is one of the tools of Internet marketing, the main purpose of which is to attract more customers with the help of social media platforms. This service is applicable to all types of businesses: B2B, B2C, internet shops, or other services. This service contains many different types of promotion of your brand. SMM generates the content, and increases the engagement, analyses the market, creates advertising campaigns, compares the effectiveness with other competitors, and helps to save money. The SMM is usually present on all popular platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, and many others.
Why do Small Businesses Use Social Media?
The main aim of SMM is to make your business bring you more money. This can be achieved through different tools, such as using content-marketing to find more customers, creating communities around the brand to increase the loyal customer base, publishing virtual promotional content without the physical involvement of the company. In reality, the tools are really numerous, including also video and photo contents, visual design, and much more.
The Benefits of Using Social Networks
- Quick solution. Using SMM today is a quicker way to create your marketing campaign than if you use traditional media channels. Moreover, it is less expensive and takes less time, especially if you outsource it to the agency.
- Detailed visibility. In comparison with traditional marketing tools, digital marketing allows you to monitor the interactions of your clients. For example, with different tools, it is now possible to see whether your post was accepted positively, with comments and reaction, you can see how people react to your content. This gives you an understanding on which direction to take to engage even more customers.
- Immediate learning. What is good with digital platforms is that you can modify the content you created and even delete it, even though it is not always recommendable, especially if a lot of people already saw it. But what is sure is that with immediate feedback and people’s reactions you can learn on your mistakes and quickly understand your audience.
- Engagement. What is good in such a type of marketing is that you can daily engage with your customers, ask questions, ask for their opinions, and receive feedback. This interaction is what the customers appreciate today the most when it’s not only one-way communication. This is a sure way to build your client base and make them loyal to your product. It’s kind of a big family where everyone hears each other and feels confident.
- Specific advertisement. With the tools that analyze your customers, you can create such a type of marketing and advertisement that would fit exactly the type of your customers. Because today with the tools, you can analyze the age, gender, the countries of your audience, their activity, and many other preferences. When your campaign is targeted, the chances of your sales increase many times.
Some Helpful Statistics
Given that the usage of social media is one of the most popular activities among the population from different countries and ages, businesses can benefit from it and build their strategies in a way to engage these people. Moreover, this doesn’t require much cost.
Some of the numbers to think of are more than persuading. The following information gathered represents statistics for 2020.
According to Statista, in 2020 the social networks were used by more than 3 billion people. Researchers estimate that this number will only continue to grow, reaching about 4,5 billion people by the year 2025. This is roughly half of our planet!
It is true that the biggest part of users stays in the range of adults between 18 and 34 years old. Nevertheless, with global digitalization of all companies worldwide, the older individuals don’t have other choice than to learn and get used to new tendencies. Businesses should take this into account.
71% of consumers prefer using social networks to leave their comments, read other people’s opinions, and choose the companies to buy from. Those active users are considered to be the ones who would recommend your business.
These numbers should be taken advantage of, especially if you have a small business and think how to increase your audience. Precisely 63% of customers, which is far more than a half, will find their preferred brands through such channels, and as much as 90% of users will use them to connect with you (Source: Smart Insights).
Most Efficient SMM Strategies
Social media is important to bring success in marketing to any company. Brands need to look to their competitors to see what leading strategies they are using. The following strategies can help you, no matter what type and size your business is.
- Start using chatbots. Chatbots are the one digital tool that can communicate and resolve problems for your customers without the potential need for any human interruption. Integrating a chatbot into the smm strategy is pretty simple. Chatbots are useful in answering the customers quickly on commonly asked questions. They can also take care of payments or orders, depending on your company’s strategy.
- Invest in design
The most catchy thing on your page when people get there are images and of course the look in general. Try to use more images of good quality, infographics, and other designs to look professional and attract customers. A visual design, together with the format and content, will create an association with your brand amount the customers. This is also one of the aspects that will attract the followers and make them return to your page again and again.
- Create an efficient content marketing strategy. Content marketing has been an effective form of marketing for a long time. High-quality SEO content combined with all the above, will greatly improve your ability to bring in the right customers to you at the right time.
- Create a community for your audience. You can join every other brand on the Internet to create a personalized experience for your customers.
- Ask questions to your audience.
- Gather their opinions on certain matters.
- Interact with them directly with the help of likes and shares.
- Spice up your profiles with a diverse content strategy.
- Use brand advocates.
Understanding SMM strategies is essential for any business interested in building a loyal customer base, thereby boosting sales.
Millions of small and big businesses use popular chains such as Facebook to communicate, interact, and sell to their customers.
90% of marketers say social media has increased their brand exposure.
73% of small businesses spend on SMM. 40% of small businesses rely on ads for revenue generation.
These statistics cannot be overlooked if your goal is to impact the market and become competitive.